於第二次世界大戰後的懺悔文。
THEY FIRST CAME for the Communists,
起初他們(德國納粹黨)帶走共產黨員,
And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist.
我沒有說話,因為我不是共產黨員;THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
接著他們帶走猶太人,
And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew.
我沒有說話,因為我不是猶太人;THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
後來他們帶走工會成員,
And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist.
我還是不說話,因為我不是工會成員;THEN THEY CAME for the Catholics,
此後他們帶走天主教徒,
And I didn’t speak up because I was a Protestant.
我仍然沒有說話,因為我不是天主教徒;THEN THEY CAME for me,
最後,他們來帶走我,
And by that time no one was left to speak up.
我想反抗,但已經沒有人能為我說話了。
No comments:
Post a Comment