Monday, March 16, 2009

OmniTTY - control lots of machines simultaneously

(http://antbsd.twbbs.org/~ant/wordpress/?p=221, June 11th, 2006)

OmniTTY let you control many machines simultaneously. You could just run a command, it will send the same command at lots of machines you taged. So if you have many machines and want run the same command to them, you should use OmniTTY to helps you.

I known it two days ago. Cause gslin and rafan discussed it at irc channel. Later gslin posted a article about how to use OmniTTY to control many machines. Here is my summary.

Installation

OmniTTY had committed in FreeBSD ports system, you can install it easily.

Usage

I use PuTTY on windows to control my machines. First, I log in one of my machines which have installed OmniTTY, and run it. It requires 80 x 25 terminal at least to run.

  • F1 is menu and help.
  • Press F5 to add machine you want to control
  • F6 to delete machine list
  • F2 to move to the next machine, F3 to move to the last
  • F4 tag your machine
  • F7 is multicast mode, it let you control your machines taged at the same time.

Finally, if you want add several machines at once, you should use a FILE, as called my_machines. A machine one line.

machine01

machine02

machine03

Then run OmniTTY and press F5 to add the FILE, here is called my_machines. And ust input @my_machines.

Excuse me for my poor Englist.

No comments:

Post a Comment